We've all been there: you and your family make last minute plans to go out of town and you can't find anyone to watch your dogs. These aren't just any dogs. They're your dogs and they’re like children to you.
When you’re going out of town, a boarding facility can provide quality pet care, however, not all boarding facilities are created equal. Do you know how to tell if a dog boarding facility is a high-quality and trustworthy facility? Here at the Canine Country Club of Arkansas in Roland near Little Rock, we know how important your dogs are to you and we do everything we can to ensure they enjoy their time with us. Here are a few tips on what you should be looking for in a dog boarding facility.
Dog boarding facilities that have been in your area for a long time will have created a reputation for themselves. Ask your friends, family, neighbors, or veterinarian for a recommendation on where to board your dog.
Questions to Consider
After you’ve narrowed it down with a little research, ask to visit the boarding facility and get a tour of the place. During your visit, consider the following things to look for:
- Is the staff trained?
- Is the staff knowledgeable and experienced with dogs?
- Is there plenty of outdoor space for your dog to run and play?
- Is there a place for your dog to cool off in warmer months?
- Does it look and smell clean?
- Are pets required to be current on their vaccinations, including the vaccine for canine kennel cough?
- Is the temperature maintained at a comfortable level for dogs?
- Is there a particular schedule for your dog’s exercise and playtime?
- Do you have to bring your dog’s food or is food provided?
- If food is provided, is it high-quality food?
- Are there other services available, like grooming, training, and bathing?
At the Canine Country Club of Arkansas, we take your dog’s safety very seriously. Ultimately, care for your dog’s safety and happiness should weigh heavily in your search for a high-quality dog boarding facility. Our 4.5 acres of land give your dog plenty of space to run, play, and be a dog. Our well-trained and experienced staff members create a safe, trustworthy facility, making it the perfect place to board your dog. We also have day care, grooming and training services available. Contact us today or request a reservation with us!